View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 06:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default the heart of the matter

Thanks, Neil, for this thread. I log on here everyday, read and move on, sometimes I wonder why..... It is great to have a place that is a source of PD related info, but my habit of returning here was fed by the personal touch, and the feeling of communicating with real people who shared the same issues and triumphs over adversity! And as well a feeling of being able to contribute, even if in a very small way, to a picture of PD that wasn't imposed by people who just observe it through a medical lens. From initial dx people here and on other boards were a lifeline in dealing with a condition for which my treatment seemed to consist of throwing me a set of meds and expecting me to get on with it, with only the vaguest of information to help. The science is very useful to those of us who have dealt with PD for a while, and advocacy helps move on a better understanding and better links between patients and the industries that deal with them, but the real heart of this site and its predecessor was surely the personal, life affirming, and very caring support that was given to each and every person who came here as part of their PD journey, and some of the best and most heartfelt debates on the things that matter to us all.

Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bandido1 (05-25-2009), Chemar (05-26-2009), Curious (05-26-2009), DocJohn (05-26-2009), Fiona (05-28-2009)