Thread: My Journey!
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 09:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Connie,
I can't wait for you to get to a good, caring neuro. I HATE it when they pull this wait and see bit! For one thing, if it was their body I guarantee they wouldn't just wait and see! UUUUHHHH!!!! For another, there are conditions with your symptoms that if caught early enough and treated can be stopped from turning into something more serious and permanent!

I'm really concerned about two things in your post - Numbness and one sidedness. There are so many conditions that can cause these same symptoms. It sounds from the LP and MRI's they were looking at MS which would make sense, but there are many others as well - don't let them stop looking!!!

The first neuro I had sent me to a psych as well - he cracked me up. After I told him what "brought me" to him, he said " Oh, I see - they can't figure it out so they send you to me! You're not crazy! Just depressed with good reason with all that's going on with your health!" He was so tired of Neuros telling perfectly sane people that they had a mental problem causing their neuro symptoms. I loved him, and he reaffirmed what I already knew, but my family and friends needed to know it!

I'll be sending some strong, positive thoughts your way. Please keep us up to date on your new neuro, tests, and progress as well as how you're doing, ok?

Lots of Big Hugs and Loves to YOU,