View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 09:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I think part of the reason for the drop in energy is the realization or a feeling over the past year or so that things really are not moving forward in PD research, that any new drugs they come up with are pretty much the same old thing, that any real "cures" are so far away in terms of going through clinical trials and being approved that it seems like they'll be barely relevant for many of us. Especially after the Amgen nonsense - horribly disappointing and dis-spiriting, and barely publicized at all by so many PD organizations - how then are we supposed to take seriously races for the cure when the cure (or a possible cure maybe at least) was stopped and they refuse to let anybody else take it any further. It seems like the powers that be really are not that interested in curing. Plus revelations about top neurologists holding quiet little patents on anything promising, and quietly being paid to skew scientific data in ways that are firmly against our interests...the allopathic model has received some major battering in the revelation of corruption and financial interest that seriously challenges the trust many might have in evidentiary findings.

It's wearying, and plus the recognition that we are really on our own, that very few actual scientists are really serious about trying to help without a huge lucrative patent in it for them certainly zaps my energy. It's a weird moment in history, and many paradigms are poised to undergo major shifts and upheavals....so many things have to change fundamentally - in the US the health care system overall, the world's approach to the environment - there are many major battles immanent and essential right now.

I'm still working on finding new solutions and think I still have some ideas about what to pursue. However, I don't want to say too much until I have more solid info about anything that might be helpful. The things that worry me are that the things we do find at this point are gonna be well outside the mainstream, making it difficult to encourage many people to try them. Also we may find something truly helpful, but only for those newly diagnosed who don't have years of their bodies being compromised by the existing treatments.

I, however, have not given up, and will continue to experiment and search for things that can help and will report them in one way or another if they seem significant. Squeak, I say, squeak.
Fiona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bandido1 (05-26-2009), Chemar (05-26-2009), Curious (05-26-2009), DocJohn (05-26-2009), GregW1 (05-25-2009), olsen (05-25-2009)