View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

If you are only affected in the legs, then metabolic or drug issues are less likely. However the large muscles often appear first when something goes haywire.

I think Peter's suggestion is good. Sometimes just a little magnesium supplement does wonders.

You can also soak in the bathtub with about 4 oz of epsom salts to a tub of WARM water...if you see relief, that is a clue to getting some magnesium in supplement form or eating more magnesium source foods.
Here is my thread on it:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1138

I think anyone with chronic muscle pain, should have a CPK test run. This will show if mitochondrial issues are a potential cause.
This is fairly underdiagnosed it is thought today.

Muscle pain can also come when blood sugar is off. During low blood sugar episodes, you may have aching/burning or twitching in the muscles.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote