View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 10:05 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default this video

i've been working on this video for 23andme for so long the discount is going to be over before i get it up. it has taken a tremendous amount of time and there isn't very much to it either! of course i keep changing it.

peg and i went to BIO last week in Atlanta. we barely made it there. what a pair we make; we are so similar in our symptoms. We stagger around like to drunkards, and people stare at us. my voice volume is gone as is much of my ability to speak clearly. peg loses her balance and falls backward. we were representing pdtrials.org so that includes all the orgs. we decided to just show it like it is. This wasn't a parkinson conference, BIO includes enviromental as well, but much of it is business oriented.

we attracted attention and were interviewed by independent producers for BIO videos that will appear on their site in a few months. They had to put a mic on me for volume but he asked all the right questions and i got to say quite a bit. i don't know if it will be used. i' m the person with pd that no one wants to see. And i don't like to be seen either.

my daughter went, and learned a lot. She had a great time and finally realizes that all the things i talk about online are serious and true. i loved having her there.

i haven't been checking the forum because i get so immersed in my idea for the day on the video and shut out the world. but i'll be back.

peg and i are pretty pathetic, so we just laugh.

an interesting thing [for me ten yrs ago i would have felt exciterment] happened at the airport when i returned to Orlando. i was getting on the monorail and noticed a bunch of athletes, many with pretty girls. i vaguely wondered if it was the Orlando Magic, our NBA basketball team. i hobbled around them, and went up to the front. Some of them were in the car with me, and it was storming. Talk about opposites - strong, tall, athletes and a frail, older lady. i said i had never seen it so bad at the airport - thelanding almost caused a fear emotion in me and they couldn't bring our luggage in because of lightning. of course none of them answered me, but they probably couldn't hear me or understand me anyway.

when we got off the monorail, there was no one getting on. they were all roped off. i said to the girl walking by me, who was with one of the athletes, "why are they doing that? i've never seen that before." she said, 'So we could get by first. otherwise it gets chaotic." That's when i realized they were the Magic. On the way home, my husband told me they were in the play offs and were returning from winning a game. haha it's all sbout where you are - mentally and physically.

i will be glad when i am finished. i miss the personal touch too.
paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (05-26-2009), Curious (05-26-2009), DocJohn (05-26-2009), GregW1 (05-25-2009), olsen (05-25-2009)