View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 02:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default online PD communities--room for all

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
It has been clear that our little community has been slipping away...

Looking at other PD online communities, I have found nothing that approaches it. Most are made up of sick people waiting for a man in a white coat to save them with a pill that never comes - sort of the Godot Pharmaceutical Corporation. That's not for me so long as there is something else to be attempted. I know that even that may change with time, but not yet.
As a newly dx serious thinker AND serious feeler (it's not either or), I appreciate this site and other PD online communities as visited and then condescendingly described above by Rick. (I am disappointed after months of reading what seemed like your fairly enlightened postings.)

If you and others on this site are able to muster the courage, energy, money, time, research and decision-making skills to avoid pharmaceuticals, you should count yourself blessed, not mock the rest of us.

As someone who has posted about Requip XL, here is the rest of my medication schedule, which might surprise you:

Vitaline's 1200 mg CoQ10
Neuroscience's Balance D with Fava Extract (w/ NAC)
K-PAX Immune Support Formula (w/ ALA, NAC, ALC and other neuro-yummies)
Natural Calm Magnesium (for muscle relaxation)

I am also doing preliminary research on mucuna pruriens, grapeseed extract and creatine. The Requip XL was not an easy or blind decision; I am hopeful that it will be just a stop-gap measure giving me a much needed boost while navigating this New Reality with 2 small boys in tow.

Where were all of you 3 months after dx?

BTW, one of the reasons your readership is dwindling may be that folks on other sites actually notice and take an interest in where we're at (educationally, medically and emotionally). This site sometimes comes across like a clique; though that doesn't deter me as I make my way, it may deter some.

Clearly this site has served its long-term members well and has likely inpired other online PD communities....both of which I celebrate. It also has helped me as I did my research months before my dx. Thank you for considering my two cents,
rose of his heart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bandido1 (05-26-2009), Chemar (05-26-2009), Curious (05-26-2009), DocJohn (05-26-2009)