View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 04:27 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Wait a minute....

I could easily take both sides here. So what else is new..lol. I have taken the first break from this board in years and it wasn't because there is anything wrong with the board...it's because i got myself in over my head on a project and am severely ill to be doing it. Talk about why i don't work! good grief my decision making skills are a mess. i get something down and

then i see something that i like better - it's j ust a power pt - you'd think it was a major epic. MJFF is emphasizing dyskinesia and cognition - mike has had it for 20 yrs also it's easy to understand the priorities.

it almost killed me to go to BIO. it confirmed for me that it just wasn't my hard of hearing relatives and friends that can't heare. no one can. i tripped over everything, including walking right into my purse straps and pitching forward onto the bed in the hotel room.

if we seem like a clique it's because we've been around- i was here in 98. it's also a "clique i am part of with great suffering. i'm on tons of pharmaceuticals.

i take patient advocacy very seriously and have been responsible for some changes. it works.

some of us are very ill. i got on an escalator, going down, at the airport, tugging my bag on wheels behind me and realized i was in immediate danger and just can't do that anymore. if i hadn't had my walking stick to firmly put on the step in front of me, i think i would have fallen down that escalator.

i posted at the same time as Fiona, but certainly know where she is cooming from.

Don't write this board off yet. damnit.
paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
aj04 (05-25-2009), bandido1 (05-26-2009), Chemar (05-25-2009), Curious (05-25-2009), DocJohn (05-26-2009), Fiona (05-28-2009), GregW1 (05-25-2009)