View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 05:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for all the replies! This is such a great group of people!!

Linda, that's awful having both big toes not be able to bend! your gait must be causing some balance issues - and maybe even some lower back pain. Dr says I'll be in bed for 3 days and after that I can do stairs OK. He says I can drive as soon as I'm not taking pain meds. I'd been wondering why my left lower back was hurting so much!

Di, I let him know about my TOS and all the pain meds I have on board. I said, "you don't need to give me any pain meds - I have plenty." and he said He'd send me home with Percocet 7.5's. He'd better give me something for nausea too. :P I won't need a walker or a cane, I'll have one of those black velcro boots. (If I had the bone repositioned, or a bad case of arthritis to be cleaned out then I'd need a walker or crutches)

Hx, good to read you - I always worry about your condition.

Poor Red, sounds like you've had nearly all the foot surgeries there are to have! I'm lucky that I have some experienced people here to ask questions of!

I'm planning the surgery for mid July. I had planned on going to FL then as my brother will be here to watch Mom. I may still get down there for a couple of RnR days before the procedure, but will have to take advantage of having bro here to help out with me and mom. I can just see it now... mom falling down the stairs and breaking a hip just to bring me a cup of tea... yeah - that would be my luck.

"It is what it is."
astern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (06-08-2009)