View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 06:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Coping with Anesthesia Delorosa

It makes me so sad that you are dealing with A.D. I have been trying to cope with my A.D. and as you said, every minute, every day. My pain seems to go up in the evening although it is with me 24/7. I had a failed microvascular
decompression in K.C. the first time followed by two balloon compressions.
Nothing helped me. Out of sheer desperation, we went to Mayo clinic in Minnesota. I was there for three weeks. By that time I weighted ninety eight pounds. I wouldn't eat or talk. I was dehydrated and very weak. The T.N.
wore me down to a shell, as it intended to do. Three days from when we arrived
I had surgery to partially cut the nerve. It was done and it threw me into a spin of torcherous pain and I wanted to die. I was sent to the pain unit where one nurse has only two patients to take care of. The Doctor told my husband that I would need to go back in surgery where they severed the nerve. I am numb on one side but always feel the nerves moving around. The pain can shoot up anywhere, any place. I tried the pain management Docs. One got me addicted to Oxycontin and the other one got me addicted to methodone. My family Doc. now handles my meds with no narchotics.
I found a great Doctor in Kansas city that used to work at Mayo. Dr. Lemons
is a psychologist that works with those who are dealing with cronic pain.
It is actually a self hypnosis for relaxation. It isn't narchotics, it isn't pain blocks that don't work, it is within yourself. I'm not saying that it is some magic trick but it can teach you how to cope with the pain a little easier.
Believe me, I have been where you are from A---Z. Blessings, Doodle bug
Doodle bug7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (05-27-2009), EE03 (05-31-2009)