Thread: Howdy all
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 11:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Post Howdy all

Hi. New here, so if I screw up somehow, break etiquette, my apologies. My story is I guess 'normal'...? I was working for a blasting company and sprained my left knee quite badly. I was informed if I went on workers comp, I would be canned. Yeah, I know that's illegal, but I had to pay child support, and I am quite aware of who holds the upper hand in these things. Anyways, I continued working on percocet from August of '03 until December of that year, whereupon they used the three whole days I had missed all year as an excuse to fire me. Nice folks. Anyway, the pain never went away, just mellowed out. I took it easy, and twice in the past six years it went into remission. I was accused of being a junkie three times by docs. (There's nothing wrong with your leg! You're lying!) Well, the third time it went nutso, the pain level was off the chart. Five years after the initial injury, I was diagnosed with RSD. I thought, at the time, 'great, they have a name for it, it can be cured!' Wrong-o. I now have a great job, making $20 an hour, and I saw it slipping away, as I was informed I could not be on any meds stronger than ibuprofen. This luckily was not the case, and I'm currently working. Thank The Lord. I've tried all the new drugs, with horrid side effects. Currently, I'm on two 20mg oxy's, four 7.5mg percocet, three 15mg serax, three 350mg somas, three 5mg vicodin and 150mg of welbutrin per day. The oxy's are soon to be 40mg, (the vicodin is going bye bye) for the pain is still underwhelmed...I haven't had much in the way of space-cadetage, as it were, and am a functional member of society, with a 13 month old son, a 15 year old son, and a wonderful lady.

All in all, I consider myself blessed, my bum leg being my only issue. I am, however, looking for non-invasive treatment options, for I would prefer not to be tied to the pill bottle or treated like a pin cushion. Frankly, I joined this site to talk/type to people who have the same problem. I've not met a soul with it, and most folks have the opinion that I'm weak for not being able to just deal with the pain. They just don't understand. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
Smoke_666 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (05-26-2009), aj822 (05-26-2009), Dew58 (05-26-2009), Mslday (05-26-2009)