View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 04:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default am i alone....

am i alone in wishing that there was a committed multi-therapy approach to PD in which medication, surgery and scieince were not the major focus of research. by this i mean that there is so little emphasis on QOL (quality of life) amid all those astronomical amounts of money spent on research. it is my belief that multi-therapy should be embraced for whatever interim period there is between now and the long awaited cure. we are here now, with all the things that pd brings, and where are the dieticians, physical therapist, movement experts, the people who know how to help put in place strategies for things like falls prevention, overcoming freezing, preventing malabsorbtion of medication and a whole host of other things. it seems that all these things we have had to go out and find for ourselves, piecemeal and haphazard, word of mouth . ....... the biggest issue in PD is QOL, or it is from where I stand. i am struggling to find ways and means to stay mobile, engaged, and healthy in the wider sense, so wish that the medical staff who deal with me had more to offer than bed rails, evaluations and pills.

sorry, my grumble for the day
lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gardengrl (05-28-2009)