View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 06:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New lady with RSD/CRPS & Emphysema

Hello everyone. I hope to be able to make new friends and learn from you. I've done so much study and research about this insidious disease (RSD/CRPS), and I might be able to share useful info with all of you as well.

I'm from a state that knows nothing about this condition. I've been in 24/7 horrible pain since 2002. In the beginning of this nightmare, I went to the ER when the pain would get so bad that I thought I was going to lose what's left of my mind. My husband and I searched and searched for a doctor that could tell us what was wrong. When we could find no help, we got on our computers and read all we could. It took years. What helped us to know where to look was when a nerve conduction test was done, and the doctor said that it could possibly be RSD. I'd never heard of it. When we searched on RSD, there were all the things that had been happening to me. I was so grateful to find the info that listed so many of my symptoms, that I just sobbed and sobbed.

I go to a Physiatrist in another state (a 2-hour drive). They really just shove meds at me and no kinds of treatment. I'm looking for a doc that specializes in this and am having a tough time finding one.

This thread may go thru or not. After I registered for this site, it told me that I couldn't look at the pictures that I clicked on at the top. So I'm confused as to what I did wrong because it kept asking had I forgotten my password. I had not because it's a weird orchid term that no one could guess.

May you all have as little pain as possible today.

Warm regards,

Paphlady
Paphlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (05-26-2009), Dew58 (05-26-2009), loretta (05-27-2009)