View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 07:35 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hello Paphlady and Welcome to NeuroTalk!!! You will meet many great people here who i'm sure will be more than happy to help you if they can!!

I'm so sorry to hear that you also suffer from RSD!!

Your story is pretty similar to mine and unfortunately, many others. I live in the UK (England) and not that many doctors are aware of RSD. I developed this awful condition when I was 12 years old (i'm now 14) and had to go to about 5 different hospitals before I got an accurate diagnosis. None of the doctors seemed to be willing to help find out what was wrong with me so my mum started looking on the internet. We didn't find any info about RSD though and nothing really kept coming back. When I was diagnosed with RSD, we had no clue as to what it was so had to go searching the internet for information.

Do you have a Pain Management Doctor in your area that treats RSD? They are the best doctors to treat RSD usually as they can prescribe pain medications and perform nerve blocks that may help.

Do you have Physical Therapy? It is really important that you keep moving as much as possible, even though it is extremely painful!! Exercising is probably one of the things that will help you in the long run.

If you have any questions or need any help, please dont hesitate to ask!

Take care of yourself and I hope to see you around the forum more soon!!

Alison
loretta (05-27-2009)