View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 10:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mik, Thank you for the kind thoughts.

Quinine IS for malaria and I took plenty of it during Vietnam. I am taking it again for muscle cramps. And I eat bananas daily, so that should help some.

My problem is not just "nerves" but severe injuries from a multi-car pile up on the California
freeway system. We were "rear ended" by two Ford pick ups, then 2nd truck ADMITTED to going over 80mph when he hit us on my side. My lower back is inoperable for extensive damage to discs, nerves, etc. It gets pretty complicated to describe, but I wanted to point out that I have physical damage to my body. It is much more than just being nervous or being anxious. I was on 7 different meds for Anxiety...all in about 15 months. I had suicidal ideations with most of them. I finally just quit all of that junk one day and felt much better within a few days.

I just detoxed off morphine and oxycodone (and demerol and fentanyl and other opiates).
I have taken Celebrex and naprasyn for anti-inflam. med. Celebrex works well, but has its own side effects. I never used it for muscle cramps because I cannot anticipate which nights I will have the bad cramps.

I, at last count, have 13 diseases/medical problems ranging from Cardiac, Respiratory, Urological, Central Nervous System, Peripheral Nervous System, Lower Back, carpal tunnel, Cognitive Dysfunction and others I can't remember. So my problems can be multi-faceted.
Thanks again for your kind thoughts and prayers.