View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 02:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What do you think I should do?

This is one of those time that I just don't know what to do. I have had increased episodes of muscle cramping and fatigue over the past 2-3 weeks. It is not so bad that I cannot function but I find it hard to go shopping and do much of anything standing up for longer than about 1/2 hour. I have gone to the neuro before when I felt like this and they do nothing. Unfortunately, my physical exam does not show much. As I tell the doctors all the time, I have the strenght, I don't have the stamina and right now my stamina is poor.

Well, over the last 2 days I have had periods of light headedness. I am not dizzy and my eyes are focused. I just feel like my head is floating away. At first I blamed my blood sugar which is within and acceptable range and my blood pressure which my PCP says is perfect. I have had at least 4 periods of light headedness today.

Do I tough it out, take a few days off and rest or do I go to my PCP and ask for help? I saw her today and told her about the fatigue and that I thought I could wait it out. I did not tell her about my head because it really just became a problem. I feel silly calling her right away after telling her I would be all right. She is a somewhat new MD for me who said she would treat my MS as long as she felt she could. When she thought she was out of her league she would send me to a neuro.

I guess the bottom line is I don't know what to do. Please offer any comments or advice as you see fit.
knittenkitten is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (05-27-2009)