View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 05:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

No you are not alone by a long shot. I have had epilepsy since childhood, was diagnosed at age 14, and like you found no help with the meds. Finally after 35 years of seizures and many good years wasted, I saw an Epileptologist. No doc had even so much as mentioned one before so I do blame the general neurologsts for not referring me on sooner when their meds did not stop my seizures. The first seizures I was aware of were sinilar to your strangefeelings I called them funny feelings. Those progresssed to Complex partials at age 14 when hormones and astress of highschool kicked in. Only when i was in my 40's did I get to an epileptologist and it was he whop mentioned sugery. Much of my younger years were not utilized to their fullest, but I did have surgery 10 years ao. I have no lost consciousness since and take one med daily. It made a huge difference in my life when I got to the Comprehensive Epilepsy Center and the Epileptologist. Make sure there is a Certificate on the wall saying that the doc has completed a Fellowship in Neurophysiology, (possibly Electrophysiology)or in Epilepsy. Only then are they a real Epleptologist. Welcome to the club. You are not alone. More than 3 million Americans have epilepsy! It is the most common neurological condition next to headaches. Tattoo
Tattoo2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote