View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 02:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mslday View Post
On the Front Lines, Nuerolgy Now
Neurology Now:Volume 4(2)March/April 2008p 33-34

Some of you are familiar with the treatment I had in Germany last year following a surgery to my RSD limb. I have always called it a continuous peridural nerve block and realize after reading this article that the term "peridural" means the same as peripheral block as described here in this article. I realize now that my terminology was simply a matter of a translation issue. What I had in Germany is the same as described in this article, see the excerpt below.

The fact that these doctors are recognizing pain as a disease in and of itself is a huge step forward for all of us, newly diagnosed or not. I benefited from this procedure in Germany despite all odds being against me for having had RSD for 6 odd years. I think this is very important information for any of us here who have to face surgery.

http://www.neurologynow.com/pt/re/ne...!1243308592244

MsL
Hi Msl, thank you for the information, both at the beginning of your post and end. I didn't have any confusion. That must of been scary having surgery after 6 years of RSD. I have had RSD for 13 years now and am fearful of a possible surgery for ruptured disc that happened after my beginning of RSD that was caused after surgery. I think the RSD may be in my neck disc causing terrible headaches.
Anyway, thank you again, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mslday (05-27-2009)