Old 05-27-2009, 02:44 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtozer06 View Post
So how low is too low? I've been searching online, but haven't really found a solid answer.
I'm 20 years old and went to the emergency room a few months ago with dizziness, fatigue, and pain and numbness in my hands and feet. After an MRI of my brain blood tests, I was told they didn't know what was going on and to see a neurologist if I was "that concerned." I went and they said according to my blood tests from the ER, my b12 levels are "lower than preferred." They were like 246.

They didn't really say anything, other than to take a vitamin. I haven't been taking it every day, but I feel like I should be doing more. I'm going to go back to a doctor soon and see what they think/ask for some b12 shots. Is that reasonable? Am I worrying too much?
Yes, your level is low and you should be concerned.
Here is a B12 information thread:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread85103.html
Injections are not necessary, but you have to use the proper supplement and take it correctly orally.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote