View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 03:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie View Post
I guess I did this backwards and should have introduced myself first. I asked a couple of questions and I'm very grateful for the response, realized I should introduce myself too.

I live in Washington State and have had RSD for almost 4 years now. I developed RSD from a routine blood draw, venipuncture RSD. It's in my right arm, shoulder, neck and face, but moving to my left arm. I'm on permanent disability, and just trying to stay positive. I wish I would have found this website years ago, I just can't get over how amazing it is that so many people with RSD have come together and help each other. Plus it's nice to relate to another RSD'er. The couple people I've chatted with have been so kind and I look forward to getting to know others. Thank you sooo much.
Hi dmarie, It's OK honest, most of have entered the group in various ways. We are so glad to have you. I was thinking of you last Thursday when I had my blood draw. I asked for a butterfly needle (smaller-used for children) and the senior nurse. was scared, partly because of your story and I had already know of others getting RSD from blood draw.
It is comforting isn't it to know and be known by others who truly understand what most people, including doctors have never heard of and have difficulting relating to what we go thru. They still love us, but find it difficult to understand.
Take care, and hugs, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote