View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Spinal Cord lesions MRI (REX?)

I'm wondering if anyone has had more than on spinal cord MRI, and if the results had changed since the prior one?

I had two large lesions the last time I had a MRI of my spine (*2003), which was several months after I had the attack that came with my C-spine lesion. I had had a prior attack, in 1991, that indicated a T-spine lesion, and that one was also still there in the 2003 MRI.

(I have since had a flare-up of the same lesions, I think, so I was expecting to hear this MRI that the lesions (plaque) had just gotten bigger.)

Someone mentioned that they believe their spinal lesions actually disappeared from one MRI to the other, which comes as a bit of a surprise to me. I understood they might shrink (or grow), but they were not like inflammatory brain lesions in that they may disappear completely.

Rex, have you followed a patient that this has happened to?

Has anyone else ever gotten their MRI reports from the radiologists/technician, stating that their spinal lesions went away?

Cherie