View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 09:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Heat, rash and ITCH

Hello everyone,

The last few nice, hot summery weekends that we have had here in the northeast I have spent outside in my yard. And where I have gotten sunburned I have also gotten a terrible itchy, bumpy rash - it's just awful. I also get it on my head (under my hair!), neck, stomach and back. I scratch it so much that I make myself bleed. The rash looks like hives.

I'm pretty sure I had a reaction right after my last block from my Lidocaine patches, so I switched to the other ones for a while (forget what they are called - brain *art). My neck, chest, stomach and back looked just like they do after I am in the sun - all red and blotchy with hives and it ITCHED like crazy.

I did find a good short term solution for the itch - a hair dryer. I aim the heat on high right where I itch for as long as I can stand it, and it draws all the itch out for a while. And then I put some Voltaren on. A hot shower helps too.

It wasn't even 80 degrees in RI and I broke out, which means that this summer could really be a nightmare for me. I currenty take an allergy pill every day with an antihistamine in it because our oak trees are dropping tons of pollen. I haven't tried to take Benadryl because I don't want to go to sleep, I want to work.

Does anyone have any ideas for how to deal with this?? Do the rest of you that have had RSD for a long time have issues with hives in the summertime? I love the beach. I really hope now that my RSD is full blown I'm not going to be able to enjoy it anymore.

Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-27-2009), loretta (05-27-2009)