View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 10:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default One step closer to water...

We are one more step closer to getting our safe drinking water!!!! (Our well water has arsenic in it and we have been using bottled water to drink and cook with since October.) They starting installing the street water pipes and we got our paperwork from the county water authority and all that nonsense.

What I've written below is kind of a rant! So if you don't want to read it, that's okay. Just writing it is helping me.

Of course, my husband is working these two days and everything has been put on me. I had to contact the water authority with our questions, make sure the contractors know our leach field was very very close to where they were digging and find out what our next step was. Although I have no clue what I am talking about I am getting good at faking it! I have no idea what any of the equipment in the basement is for the well so again I have just mumbled through it. I must sound like I know what I am talking about though because no one is looking at me like I'm a three-headed alien!

Right now I am dealing with the hassle of finding an excavator and plumber to install our water line, do our indoor plumbing, and abondon our well. Our septic is pretty much our entire front yard and there is only a few feet for them to dig and lay our water line which is a problem in itself.

My neighbors and I are hoping to use the same guy to do our work so maybe we'd get a better deal. Since I don't work and am good at making phone calls (when I can speak right that is), the neighbors around me a sort of are looking at me to find us all a plumber/excavator to do the work. So I make the calls, schedule an estimate for me then tell them go to the other houses and give them estimates if they're home. Otherwise I just give the name and number to the neighbors.

I have had three companies that do this type of work from start to finish come out and am just waiting on the estimates. I had a plumber come yesterday but he wrote on the contract that he is not responsible for our septic lines or any electrical lines (our light pole). I have another plumber coming this afternoon as well.

Needless to say I am extremely stressed out at this point. So I just keep reminding myself that maybe in 2-3 weeks or so I can actually drink the water out of my tap instead of lugging around gallon bottles!!

Whew! That felt good to get it all out!!!
karousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (05-27-2009), Dejibo (05-27-2009), SallyC (05-27-2009), Twinkletoes (05-27-2009)