View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 10:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

UPDATE:

I got a call from my neuro yesterday. Guess what? It was heat stress that caused the Parkinsonism to become worse.

Thank you all for the support and suggestions. I'll look into the cool packs and such to keep my temperature down. Rick, I think you hit the nail right on the head here. The heat started on Wednesday and ran right through Friday. I don't have any air-conditioning in my car, and none at home as well so basically, I was cooked.

My doctor did make some good suggestions that, which I will pass on. These are pretty obvious though, but you know what happens when something is too obvious.

Eat no matter how icky and hot it is. We need to stay nourished otherwise we will run out of steam when our blood sugar drops.

Stay hydrated. Yup... Drink plenty of Gatoraide, Poweraide or any other good electrolyte drink you can find along with plenty of water. This might sound like an obvious thing, but sometimes I think we tend to under drink enough liquid due to many reasons including bladder urgency issues and just plain not listening to our bodies needs.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote