View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

B12 deficiency can cause GI symptoms, and I did have improvement in that area just by fixing the B12 deficiency, and I was also taking fish oil to help restore the gut lining.

I went gluten free a year later, mostly to support my daughter. I had further improvement... to the point I have zero GI complaints... here's the story if you care to read it.. http://jccglutenfree.googlepages.com/thestory

Further, I've found I have casein sensitivity... and actually react to casein with joint pain... arthritis like symptoms in my fingers, toes, and lower back. It took me a few years to actually connect that the few times I'd eat dairy... it would follow with those symptoms.

Could you be gluten sensitive or have celiac disease without having any GI symptoms? Short answer is yes.

Many people are completely asymptomatic, at least asymptomatic of "typical GI symptoms". They have even named it "silent celiac disease". Sometimes people have symptoms or conditions and don't necessarily realize they could be a symptom of gluten sensitivy... like odd rashes, psoriasis, osteoporosis, infertility, seizures, peripheral neuropathy, frequent canker sores, migraine headaches, and on and on and on. There can be wide ranging symptoms or no symptoms at all... although eventually something may show up... often the result of long term nutritional deficiencies. If you scan the right bar of The Gluten File, it lists the various conditions associated with gluten.

So... it might be a long shot, but the screening is just a blood test... easy to do.

Gotta run... late to pick up my daughter!

Last edited by jccgf; 05-27-2009 at 03:50 PM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pearl girl (05-29-2009)