View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtozer06 View Post
So how low is too low? I've been searching online, but haven't really found a solid answer.
I'm 20 years old and went to the emergency room a few months ago with dizziness, fatigue, and pain and numbness in my hands and feet. After an MRI of my brain blood tests, I was told they didn't know what was going on and to see a neurologist if I was "that concerned." I went and they said according to my blood tests from the ER, my b12 levels are "lower than preferred." They were like 246.
Am I worrying too much?
Ya know... they need to do a better job impressing on patients what a signficant finding of a low B12 level really is. Mine was 294 after several years of symptoms. Thankfully, my neurologist thought to test for it as parting thought.. but not until after I'd seen many, many doctors over several years. I got a phone call saying I was a litte low and should take 1000mcg daily of B12. That dosage amount was stressed. But, I had no idea that B12 deficiency was the cause of ALL my symptoms! or that it could such serious damage.

You need to take at least 1000-2000mcg daily. Forever. Cyanocobalamin should work, but many of us feel the methylcobalamin type works better.

jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote