View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 05:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Feeling like fire ants biting my feet, but no help from workers comp quack

I broke my ankle almost 2 months ago at work. Theres bone fractures and probable tendon damage. I've been screwed around the system, but finally cleared for medical coverage. I've been changed over to an occupational health doctor with a nurse case manager at my appointments. I've had two previous doctors say I have rsd in my foot. My current doctor has me on lyrica which seems to help sometime(with horrible side effects) but the past 2 days the burning has came back with a vengence. My doctor only has me on the lyrica and alleve right now, but its not cutting it. I've gone from on a good night getting maybe 4-6 hours sleep, to being in too much pain to get comfortable enough to try to sleep. Just living on the occasional nap in a chair. My doctor is saying thats about all he can do-that any pain killers won't help. I was previously on medium doses of vicodone and they did at least help. How can I get some relief without coming across like I'm just trying to get drugs. I don't want to say anything in front of the nurse case manager that could be taken out of context making me look like I'm just looking for drugs for fun. Anyone with any ideas? I'm in a confused lyrica haze and don't know what to do. Feeling like fireants are biting my foot!
geronimo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-27-2009), loretta (05-27-2009), SBOWLING (05-28-2009)