View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi all,

I am back from surgery and feeling better. Have apin and swelling. They just put me on a short course of steroids (yuch I hate those)

My PT is named Joyce Wilkinson. HSe is in Santa Monica. Apparently one of only 12 specially trained TOS PT's in Cali. We worked for 8 months, certainly longer than my insurance and regular doc thought it was worth it (I fought both and they continue to pay for PT one year later) She did a lot of body work manually my moving my ribs around and retraining muscles and ultrasooiund. We got back to 80-85% rotation ability. Then she moved to working with her and a trainer that works side by side with them in the PT office, private sessions. We started slow on cardio and light strengthening.

I would hurt the day I did it but the next couple days were always better and I felt stronger and able to carry my body better. My posture greatly imporved to the point where the surgeons nurse commented on my great posture and range of motion.

Joyce was a life saver for me. Here number is 310-392-8274 for those interested.

I am back at work but taking it slow and being careful. Also doing hyperbaric O2 treatments to help with nerve and wound healing. I'll try anything :-).

Tshadow...so interesting on the thyroid issues because I am Hashi's dx. But as my TOS improved my thryoid normalized to where I am off the thryoid meds. I did a lot of reading that the C8 nerve if hurt or damaged and not sending the right messages to the thryoid can be an underlying cause of Thyroid problems. I will probably always have thryoid problems now and it may have always been underlying but TOS certainly aggravated.

Hope that helps.

Glad to be back. Happy Holidays!
SHelley
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote