View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 08:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sandy,
I too have that same red bumpy red rash that itches, if I'm in the sun. I use a very high screening lotion spf 70 Neutogena Age Shield Face Sunblock. My Dr. says it's really important not to get burned. I use a light long sleeved shirt and hat. I've had the bumps in my hair too. I swim almost dailey now in the summer and wait till sun goes down. I've always loved the sun, beach, water skiing, snow skiing, but it is not our friend now. I thought too, it was hives, but my Dr. said no- it's RSD. I used a clear lotion for poison oak and it helped with the itch.
I love working with flowers in the yard. Maybe you could wait till the evening to take a walk on the beach. Our family took beach vacations every year usually to the Hawaiian Islands, Oregon Coast, 10 day water ski trip every summer. I'm just grateful that I have all those memories. Our married daughter just got back from Maui yesterday-I am so happy they can go over and enjoy it. We may try next year and I'll just wear the light long sleeve shirt and long light pants or wait till the sun goes down. Those itchy red bumps just aren't worth the exposure. Hope this helps. I've had RSD 13 years, and I didn't have the rash in the beginning, but do now and have full body. Take care, loretta
I have the little bumps in my ears, which are painful and nose, just try my best to stay away from the sun.
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-29-2009), SandyRI (05-28-2009)