View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 09:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lyrica and Weight Gain

Well, we are on this discussion and I'd like to speak up. Since starting Lyrica I've finally got pretty good control of the pain but the weight gain is getting out of control. I've gained 20 pounds. When we went to Mayo they increased my Lyrica only 50 mg. and it made the difference between my eating and not eating. It also stopped those screaming piercing jolts of pain. At least I think that is what happened. I was losing weight fast before this happened and Mayo said I was starving myself to death. But the pain in my mouth is what was causing it.

We moved about 6 months ago and it really aggrevated my Rheumatoid Arthritis. I also developed a mass of stress fractures. So combine Lyrica and a very sedendary lifestyle and you get 20+ extra pounds. Now how do I get it off when I can't exercise. The neurologist is threatening to remove me from Lyrica. But I don't know if it's the Lyrica, low dose Fentanyl or the rescue hydrocodone. None of which I want to take. I'm constantly trying to skip doses, leaving the Fentanyl on one extra day, but the pain is unbearable. The stress fractures left me with one pelvic bone that is misaligned, one leg shorter than the other and one foot that will not flex. The RA has crippled a lot of my fingers and toes too. It all adds up to a miserable existance without the meds.

Now back to the weight gain. Do any of you have any guess which meds or combo of meds is causing the gain and how do I get it stopped?

Billye

P.s. We sold our house finally, we close tomorrow!! Only one to clean now and one yard to do.

Billye