View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 05:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
Thanks. I've also been stuck with a few fractures in my ankle and some probable tendon damage. W/C and my docs have been dragging theyre feet. I've been having to deal with the pain from those two, and I've realized the pain from broken bones is alot easier to live with than when the burning really kicks in. I've seen posts where people have mentioned problems with spreading of rsd after surgery. I'm probably looking at 1-2 surgeries in the near future. Anyone know if that's gonna be an issue or what precautions I should keep in mind. BTW this forum is a great resource. I try to search things online but cause of the lyrica i always end up forgetting what i was doing
Hi Geronimo, I'm sorry about your RSD and more surgery. There is an very well know Dr. at the Cleveland Clinic Dr. Stanton=Hicks. I read on here that Drs. have contacted him for advice on blocks and or injections before surgery to prevent spread. Others have had surgery, I'm sure they will respond. Have you thought about going to a hospital out of state for the surgery with an RSD DR .
Dr. Swartzman from Pennsylvania is also very well know. Important thing is to do the preventative measures to decrease risk of spread.Wish you well, and I'm sure others that have had surgery will jump in with what their Drs. did.Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (05-28-2009), Dew58 (05-28-2009)