View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 06:49 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I've been offline and have barely any words to say to anyone at the moment for various reasons, but I saw your message here Jenni and I wanted to just send you a hug and some extra strength to get through this very difficult time in your life. One day you'll look back, my dear, and you'll realize just how strong you are and how sometimes it's these times that actually help us to learn more about ourselves and about other people and what the world is all about. It's a darn tough world I know. I think we all know! However, it's also filled with the most amazing moments. Look for those moments. It's a little like that old saying about "smell the roses".

I've had the most shocking few days for a number of reasons I'm not going to talk about right now, but today I went to visit my old neighbour Jo. She's originally from South Africa. She's 87 I think. Lives alone. Her husband died many moons ago. He was actually a Psychiatrist and she a Nurse. We did a tour of her garden. She's not doing so well but always gets out there in her garden. I keep an eye on her. She's a real darling. I told her how wonderful her roses smelled. She said she couldn't smell them at all. Anyway, I came back home to my place with a heap of cuttings of some little plants, a rose bush only about 9 inches tall that she'd struck herself, plus the petals of the most wonderful smelling rose. (I'll use the petals for potpourri.) We had a great time, just wandering and chatting. I smelled the roses today. My friend Jo actually grew them.

What did I learn today? I learned that the good and wonderful things outweighed the bad. It's not always like that though. I have to purposely look for the good sometimes.

Talk to your friends. When you're stronger, you might find it helpful to get involved in helping others. What I call "a certain sensitivity" goes a long, long way. You're ultra sensitive right now, but that will change and you'll get stronger. Keep busy. Believe in yourself.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (05-28-2009), barbo (05-28-2009), Doody (05-28-2009), mistiis (06-04-2009), Nik-key (05-29-2009), pono (05-29-2009)