View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 12:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Chris,

Sorry I'm so late in getting to your thread on this subject.

My wife and I had been sleeping on a very old California King for many years and as you probably know the sheets are very expensive. We went to Sam's Club and bought a Serta Queen size on sale and it was wonderful and we ended up putting it in the guest room when we went our to buy a "real nice mattress" to add another Queen Sized bed to our bedroom. We paid almost $1,000 including tax and delivery for this Sealy Posturepedic that has a 10 year warrantee on it. I think we got screwed on the price as the guy was a little shady.

We've had the mattress less than a year and my wife can't sleep on it because it bothers her neck and shoulders. I'm still sleeping on it but it has three really deep recesses where my legs, butt, and back are. We are filing a claim with them now. We're waiting for someone from the store to come out and look at our claim. I just want my money back so I can get another Serta, but I don't think we have that choice. It's either repair or replace and we have to pay shipping.

I'm glad you found something comfortable that will last you years. Mattresses are designed to last only about 10 years but most people normally will go 15 to 20 years before replacing them.

Thanks for the thread. I thought I was the only one.
NeuroNixed Craig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote