View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 08:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Geronimo,

Welcome to NT. I understand the fire ant feeling and it is painful. I don't have WC involved in my care. I am having ankle surgery on Monday. My ortho talked to Dr. S in Philly to confirm how to block the nerves in the leg to hopefully prevent a flair up. I have full body RSD with orgn involment.

My insurance company assigned a care co-ordinator. She was going to go to my appt. with me. When we went over my doctors why I see them and what they prescribe she didn't see a need to go with me. I have called her with questions about different care options. WC is sending someone to make sure they aren't being billed for care that isn't needed. However, you are entitled to proper management of your pain. WC is looking out for their best interested YOU MUST look out for your best interest. Write down the symptoms and side effects and disguse them with your doctor. There are other options than Lyrica. You don't have to live with uncomfortable and life interfering side effects there are other medication options.
WC is going to try to get away with paying out as little as possible. YOU must take control of your care it's your body your life.
Hang in there,
Sherrie
SBOWLING is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (05-28-2009), Dew58 (05-28-2009)