View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 08:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lyrica effects!

I realise that this is an old post but as it has been revived I will chip in!

I first started on Lyrica about twelve weeks ago - a low dose of 75mgs. At 75mgs I was initially very sleepy all day, even although I took a night time dose. I began to sleep better with the Lyrica but the pain did not budge.

About three weeks ago I increased my dose to 150 mgs per day, 75mgs @ 9am and 75mgs @ 9pm. When the doctor suggested increasing the dose, I was concerned that I would be a total zombie on the double dose but he assured me that it doesn't work like that....and he has been proved correct. Still the burning etc. has not reduced substantially (altho' I do detect a small improvement) however I will give this dose a bit longer to work.

As far as weight gain with Lyrica, it has not been an issue for me to date. I have actually lost about 18 kgs/40lbs since December as I have recently developed Gastroparesis, so keeping weight on now is a constant battle. It becomes a daily challenge to have enough calories and nutrients, as I can only tolerate a totally liquid diet. I do have some pureed food but even that can be tricky. We had guests to dinner tonight and I indulged (after having only soup - my mainstay these days) in some nibbles of chicken liver pate and very soft Brie cheese and am now suffering the nauseating effects....but it was yum while it lasted! Perhaps by tomorrow morning my tummy will feel better.
Megan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote