View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 02:23 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default as always balance is good

I attended a luncheon at BIO that had a panel discussion on obama's healthcare plans. the participants were Ted Daschle, former Sen. Fritz, Howard Dean, and Karl Rove. They were sitting in front of a huge room of free market enterprise businessmen and remained friendly and reasonable. i could even agree with Howard Dean...lol.

anyway, they all agreed that we need to keep a combination of private and public options, no one wants all public. Obama is moving quickly, which concerns me. They had different approaches to suggest, for ex. Dean suggested letting everyone opt into medicare or tax gasoline.

The only thing that bothered me and this is a big heads up - is the "threat" to move quickly in the senate, (the house is a majority wins protocol but in the senate you need 60 votes) or the number needed would be dropped to 50. Is that constitutional? Obama wants something in this year.

Anyway, i rely completely on my private insurance for meds and felt better after listening to them.

They all agreed tho that it would be a gradual "ramping" up of change.

As for the state of the board, it is what each individual makes it. if you don't post, well......

excuse me but my doctor actually mentioned a feeding tube yesterday. board posts quickly go into a minor priority but i know everyone isn't where i am. this illness becomes a monster. i asked about a weight lifting program and she said, you are exercising all the time with dyskinesia. i was glad to hear someone say that...always thought so.

i'm vigorously exercising as i type this ,
paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bandido1 (05-28-2009), Chemar (05-28-2009), Fiona (05-28-2009), vlhperry (05-28-2009)