View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 05:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hi Becky!

Hey sweetie! Wow! You have been a busy little bee! I am so happy and proud for you!

You just take it ez and don't overdo it! You sound as bad as me! LOL!

Those antivirals sound like gold! Wish I could get my hands on some! My cold sore still won't go away and it has been months!

Glad to hear you feel so great! That is wonderful!

Big hugs!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras1256 View Post
OK here's my update - I'm such an airhead sometimes.

I'm back to work - just in time for the Memorial day holiday. I knew I had my consult with the MDA doc on Tuesday the 26th, but in my confusion I thought of Tues as Monday (which of course I had off), so I was preparing for my appointment this morning! Noticed the date and thought -uh oh! I had even set up the back up tape at work with our Monday tape Tuesday, so you can see how messed up my internal calendar was.

I called to explain what happened and discovered I probably didn't want to see THAT particular doctor anyway! I was told that HE wouldn't see me since I missed my appointment so I'd have to be scheduled with someone else. Talk about egotistic!
Thing is, when I asked why they don't do reminder calls, I was told they do, normally, but since my appointment was the day after a holiday they didn't get me called on Friday - so they messed up due to the holiday just like I did - but he won't reschedule me for him????? ARGH! That's exactly the kind of doc I DON'T care to see anyway, and I think I'll tell them that!

Anyway - I'm doing so well I can't even believe it! Friday I spoke to my neuro's assistant about the antiviral success and to see if she thought I could postpone this MDA appointment and if she wanted to see me before hand anyway, as well as to let them know I was done with the Prednisone and when could we schedule my MRI.

She still wants me to see the MDA clinic to reconfirm the MG (again), and will see me after my MRI in 1 month. I'm not sure what the point of the MDA clinic is, really, but if she insists I will do it. I don't think she can argue much with the anti-viral success if I can ever get in to see her and discuss it, but I agree about the MRI - I do want one more done - just for peace of mind if nothing else. This TM should show on MRI too, but she said I don't need to come off the anti-viral before hand, so I don't know how that would show the inflammation if the meds are helping it. I may come off them for a little while before hand anyway, again for peace of mind! Not too long though, I don't like tanking!

We had our b-b-q for my girls going away. Had a total of sixteen people and I had a blast. I was actually able to get up at 5:30, make potatoe salad, clean some, take my shower, blow dry my hair, run around setting everything up, play hostess to everyone, clean up after, and not be completely wiped out! That's after making the 2 hour round trip drive to my mom's Saturday to take my daughters cats down there, and chatting up a storm while there!!

To think that just a couple of weeks ago I couldn't even get up long enough to make my own food! I love these anti virals as much as Erin loves her IVIG! I have worked almost a full 8 hrs both yesterday and today, and came home and worked in my hubby's office for a couple of hours too. I think I may need to back off just a little though, cuz I do feel a little weakness creaping in on me, so I can only get on here about once a week now.

I miss you all and being able to keep up with all the posts and new people! It's amazing how our group continues to grow! Welcome to everyone new. I hope to be able to get a schedule set that allows me a little more free time soon, but for now I need to get myself back to being able to "take care of business" (and earn my keep around here!).

Take care, everyone. I'll be back! No doubt with another LONG post. Thanks for putting up with me on these.