View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 10:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Post Electronic Medical Records Are Evil

Geez Rach, your story is like a horror movie. I probably feel that way because it's kind of my story too and reading yours gives me that same silent-screaming-no-one-can-hear-me kind of feeling.

You have a worse twist though because, if I understand correctly, your medical records are all electronic. Here in the US, the only thing that has saved me is when I doctor says I'm nuts or blows me off or gives his/her opinion when I don't have confidence in their knowledge I can walk away and start again. Nothing haunts me. It's only a matter of time before we get medical records here and I think people in the US don't realize what a horror that's going to be and how much power that's going to give doctors who are often wrong and often don't care. Is there any way for you to opt out? There is no way in heck I'm going to allow my records to be put into an electronic database.

Have you been to the MG Assocation forum? It's based in the UK and I know they could hook you up with someone near you who you could talk to and who could help you. Here's the link:

http://www.mga.superbuilder.net/mgaforum.html

I think Annie's idea is brilliant. If you could get in to see Angela Vincent you'd be seeing the best in the world. She developed the tests and she's looking for other antibody tests right now.

Good luck!!!! Don't give up! I know you must feel like you're going crazy and at the same time that you're sure you're not (you're not!) and no one will listen to you. I just want you to know that I've been there, and lots of other people on this forum have been there. Actually, I'm there now.

Don't give up!!!!!

Ally
bluesky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote