View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

When I have had a spinal lesion attack, it has started with numbness/tingling in my feet, and by the time it gets to my knees, the burning, aching, swollen feeling and "shocks" get in on the party. It goes up my body like that, until it stops where it wants to . . . and the rest of the sensations do too.

When I recover, it occurs generally in the same order that it came on, bit by bit.

SPMS implies that this is not a relapse (or it is one of your last relapses, as relapses eventually stop with SPMS). I don't think there is any indication you are in this category, because you are still relapsing. If you are ultimately left with many of these ongoing symptoms, ii.e. you don't recover much from this attack, then you might start contemplating that you are advancing to SPMS. It is premature to think that way now though.

If this attack runs it's full course, you may find that the numbness and other sensations continue to climb, to the level where the spinal lesion must be. IF this happens, these attacks seem to escalate over 4 - 6 weeks, and most of the recovery occurs over the following 4 - 6 weeks.

I hope this stays in your feet/legs though ... which can happen depending on where the lesion is.

Keep us updated, won't you?

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Friend2U (06-05-2009)