Thread: Savella?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 01:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help Unhappy with Savella

Denny and all...I'm new here and looking forward to discussing fibro, med's, etc. My pain mgmt dr. put me on Savella over two weeks ago. First few days, I had some minor side effects (flushing, nausea), but nothing too serious. Until four days ago. After lunch I started to experience a sudden, rapid heart rate increase (I felt like I was being choked). My hubby said I turned beet red and my carotid artery was bulging out of my neck! It finally subsided 2-3 minutes later, but it seemed like an eternity. As luck would have it, I had an unrelated dr.'s appt. a few hours later. While I was in the waiting room, it started again! The nurse rushed me to the back, took my blood pressure and it was 190/150!!!My normal is 105/70. I honestly thought I was having a heart attack or stroke. I'm on no other med's, so my reg. physician took me off the Savella. It took me three days to detox and it was extremely unpleasant! (and remember, I was only on it for 15 days!) Anyone wishing to try this med, please be very careful and if you've had a bad reaction to other SRNI's before, you probably want to avoid this altogether. This stuff scared the crap out of me!
peanutwiggins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Swatgen27 (02-07-2011)