View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 02:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_w View Post
even mentions the schizophrenia-like side effects and does blame the med more than the illness. paranoia? yes but it's justified in many cases...people do look at you strangely and think you are weird.

http://michaeljfox.org/newsEvents_pa...cle.cfm?ID=498

paula
In 2005, after five years on C/L, amandatine and stalevo, convinced my wife of 25 years was plotting to destroy me, I filed for divorce, left my three lovely daughters, gave up my profession and became disdainful of those who had accepted me.
Alone I became obsessed with money spending my time gathering aluminum cans for the little they brought. Earlier I sold my cherished library of 700 books
for 225 dollars and took my ex back to court twice to correct what I regarded as an unfair settlement. During this "economic war" I waged against my family I nearly bankrupted those whom I loved.
The impact the drugs were having on me, became appearent last winter, when 2-3 months after upping my C/L by adding three 25/100 I began hallucinating and shortly started acting out on my paranoid thoughts. Convinced I was right I closed my mind to any evidence that contradicted the unreel world I had forged.
it wasn't until I reached rock bottom, with the help of good friends I came to terms with the depths of my paranoia and reached out for help. I can't say I'm totaly free of my fabricated thought patterns but by backing off the C/L and taking an anti psychotic I''m coming to terms with reality.
little rock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote