View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 02:58 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default little rock i can relate

my family broke apart too, my husband and i are so different that we wonder why we got married. but the PD hit right when my daughters were teenagers. the youngest got jipped and my husband says he became a single parent when i got on the computer.

in many ways he is right, altho he was unsupportive and to this day isn't really interested in all that i do with Parkinson's. i took my daughter to BIO, so she could see first hand what we do at confernces. she learned so much - understands that i was going thru something at the same time that she was growing up, and the family has reunited after 6 years of separation between my husband and myself.

it's not perfect, we are very different, but we're trying. i tried to get my husband to read the article above but he hasn't yet. i've been saying i wake up with pd and go to bed with schizophrenia for some time. i haven't actually broken from reality(yet) but lots of panic and anxiety that comes from sinemet overdose - it's all meds.

PD causes the pain and physical suffering, the meds cause our behaviors, I'm a mess, but keep my brain busy. Gotta keep going or it's over..

the family having knowledge is imperative.

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote