View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb personalities....

I find many types like you describe now in pharmacy. This is due to many factors. The excessive theoretical bias in schools now, select against those with helpful personalities. Only the "nerds" can handle the school work anymore.

The same is happening with doctors.

Also, there is a huge upward trend in Rx volume per day. It is reaching
epidemic stress levels. People cannot handle problems every 30 seconds or so...they burn out...even if they had good intentions to begin with.
I just got an Email from Medscape on this problem.

Think of yourself faced with 300+ problems daily... all different. Few can remain
helpful anymore. There is just not time.

If you are insulted.. complain to management--via the main # provided by the store you visit. Often they will give you a gift certificate to use for other merchanize. But don't expect any changes...there is a shortage of pharmacists now due to poor working conditions. At least you can move on and use the $20 as a bandaid.

I am not making excuses, but that is just the way it is today. I left retail, because of it.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote