View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default You Go Girl!! A future Researcher

Galt High valedictorian Katarzyna Wilczek wants to find cure for Parkinson's disease

Lodi News-Sentinel, News-Sentinel Staff Writer, By Jennifer Bonnett
Updated: Friday, May 29, 2009 9:17 AM PDT
http://www.lodinews.com/articles/200...ian_090529.txt

Katarzyna "Kasia" Wilczek remembers seeing the pope's hands shake during a televised appearance when she was younger.

Wilczek, Galt High School's 2009 valedictorian, plans to attend University of California, Berkeley in the fall before transferring to University of California, San Francisco, for her master's degree. She will study molecular and cellular biology with an emphasis on biochemistry

She reminds me of my nephew how just last weekend graduated from The George Washington University on full scholarship...room, board, books...the work:
  • Aerospace Studies, Cum Laude with a Minor in Physics
He is already at The University of Texas starting this post-grad work on another full-scholarship...room, board, books...the works!!
  • Fluid Dynamics
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote