View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 06:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I go through fits and phases with the many different forums I belong to.

Neurotalk has been one for inspiration for me. You people here have helped me focus my energy on asking the right questions when going to my neuro, and acting as a soundingboard when I'm frustrated.

Right now, I'm refocussing my energies to a full-time education program, and pulling out of the workforce and online classes. So if I don't post too often, well my little bit of energy I have is put in another direction.

Sadly I have to admit that I'm not as energetic or as pain-free as I was three years ago. I ache miserablely most of the time, and my coordination isn't as good as it was. This aspect is killing my mentally as well. I find that this whole evil thing we call PD eats at the soul as we watch our abilities wither away. It's like saltwater being poured on a statue. As the water trickles down, it eats through the stone structure so there's nothing left in the end.

The summer time too will cut back on number of posts as people spend more time outside and away from their computers.

Even though I am single, and share the house with my siblings and elder parents, I am alone in this journey except for Neurotalk. No one else around here understands what I am going through. My family assumes I will always pay the mortgage and other expenses. They don't seem to get it that my income is now 50% of what it was a year ago. I'm working part-time now, so there's less money. My company was nice enough to continue to pay my medical bills, but for how long? Once the company closes, I'm SOL and will have to pick-up very expensive medical insurance as well.

Anyway, boards morph as time goes on. New members come in and old ones go away as they focus on other things in there life. I know that I'll always poke my head in here and say hello when I get a chance. You are all in with my best friends, which I have very few of.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (05-30-2009), girija (05-29-2009), Jaye (06-01-2009), stevem53 (05-30-2009)