View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 06:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had a concussion 3.5 years ago and have been diagnosed with Mild TBI. I tried for the first couple of years to 'get over it' and get back to my life as I knew it. I continued to do as I had done the day before I fell....only to realize that my life had changed.

After a couple of years I've adjusted my life and I don't have the life I had before TBI but I have a new life. I loved crowds, people, dancing, music, concerts the bigger the better.....now I love quiet, calm, peaceful. I don't do crowds, concerts etc any longer. It was too hard on me, made my symptons worse and harder to get back to line zero.

Life is constantly changing, things that you loved to do at one point in your life, as your life changes so do the things that you enjoy....

Just my thoughts on how I handle my situation. We as individuals, have to figure out our own path of what we want. I want to be able to function in a somewhat normal life, so therefore I choose to not subject myself to things that can harm my somewhat normal life.
melek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote