Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swhoney View Post
Hi Ali,
I am not sure about fainting but I do have dizzy spells. Within the last several months, I had several during therapy and at home. I almost fell in the backyard once lol before I could grab on to something. It would have been a nasty fall since I just had back fusion surgery in Oct 2008. I am not sure if one can include the feeling of tiredness and fatigue with fainting. I know that I crash bad as if I had tons of coffee and am coming off the caffeine high. It's to the point where I do feel like I can pass out. Then it's followed by muscle and joint stiffness and tenderness. This would be something to follow up with my doctors... good point. I can go downhill and fast when my bouts of fatigue hit me. Normally what I try to do when I get dizzy is focus on a object and just stay there until it passes...kinda like spinning really fast but you focus on one thing to keep your concentration from falling. Oh and of course grab on to something if you can which for me is my cane. You also mentioned about being admitted into a hospital. Food for thought, one needs to be strongminded to be there. I had to be in a rehabilitation hospital after my surgery and it was no fun. If you do just stay focused on your objective which is therapy and to get out better than when you went in. Having a cell to text is also very helpful to keep in contact for support. That was my lifeline...
Thank you for the advice!

I'm sory to hear that you feel faint sometimes! I always do what you mentioned when you feel faint. I tend to hold onto the nearest thing near me. I felt really faint yesterday again when I got out of the bath but thankfully, I managed to sit down and have a sugary drink before I had chance to faint.

I'm not sure when I will be admitted into hospital at the moment. I have been in hospital in London for 5 weeks undergoing intense physical therapy so know how hard it is. My PT's told me that when I get admitted, I will be able to go home on a night if I want unless I need any other treatments as the hospital is only about an hour away so hopefully that should help!!

When I was admitted into hospital in London, I took my cell phone and laptop and don't know what I would have done without it! It helped soo much to be able to keep in touch with my friends and family and come here for support whenever I needed it.

Thanks again for the advice!