View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 04:56 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hey there,

I don't have Spinal Myoclonus or Palatal Myoclonus but do have pretty bad myoclonic jerks in my left leg (the one with RSD).

The spasms first started after an ingrown toenail removal in April of last year. My Pain Management Doctor and Neurologist believe that the toenail removal somehow managed to harm my nerves and that is why I have the spasms.

The spasms come every few minutes and are really frustrating and can be very painful and embarrassing. When they come, my leg starts jerking around in the air uncontrolably and I get very bad cramp in my hip and lower back area.

My Neuro and PM Doc have tried lots of medications to get them to stop but none have really helped. I underwent an Intense Physical Therapy Program in July of last year and the PTs did lots of strengthening exercises using weights on my RSD leg and that helped a little but the spasms haven't gone completely.

I tend to find that the spasms get worse when I have done too much so always have to take things really easily and take lots of time to sit down and rest.

I'm sorry to hear that you are dealing with this also! Please know that I am here for you if you ever need to talk!!