View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 05:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default The effects of low B-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsiderThis View Post
Someone found my site today by searching for "b12 bad 200 mcg" -- So I thought I should say that "b12 200 mcg" is not necessarily bad.

If someone is young and pretty healthy a small amount of B12 like that will be good.

I worked with a 16 year old girl who had remarkable improvement using simply the cyanocobalamin in a B Complex vitamin she bought cheap at Wal*Mart.

The thing is, once we have absorption problems vitamin tablets cease to work as well as lozenges, and cyanocobalamin isn't as effective as methylcobalamin.

If someone has serious nerve problems due to low B12, like numbness, memory loss, depression, there are just so many problems that derive from low vitamin B12, then a small amount like 200 mcg is not going to make very much difference.

The more difference you can make early on, the better things are because the longer it takes to get B12 replacement the more danger there is of some of the nerve damage becoming permanent.

I hope that clarifies a bit.

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I have to get B-12 shots every 3 to 4 weeks, my doctor told me that my system does not absorb B-12. I am going to be 60 years old in July. My doctor said that my body is that of someone around 90. I have lots of nerve damage. Matter of fact I was told that I have CIDP "Cronic Inflamtory Demilating Polyneorphty" Sorry I really chopped the spelling up!! My legs and feet never stop hurting! I cannot walk at all and my arms and hands are in pain also. As for pain meds I have tried them all. I am coming off the Duragesic Fentanyl Patches at the present, I wear 2 patches a 100mch/h and a 75mch/h and I have been on these for about 7 years. So try'en to come off of them is rough. I am taking OPANA 20mg ER 3 times a day and Hydromorphnon 8mg for brake thru pain!! Because of the nerve damage I have had 3 total knee replacements on my left knee, if this one fails I may loose my leg. But I try not to think about that! I have several other health issues. My doctor said that my B-12 must have been low for years because of all my nerve damage. Take Care God Bless
ksDIVA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote