View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 09:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Tarlov cyst

Hi
I hope someone can help me with stats about Tarlov cyst surgery. I have suffered for over 30 years with back pain. Have do many symptoms related to Tarlov cyst including other surgeries, symptoms of which are related to what I have read about Tarlov's (including mention of possible connective tissue disease, Renaud's disease, ad infinitum). After many questionnable diagnoses (no doctor could give me reasons, although I do have a herniated disk, which is considered minor and various other symptoms such as paresthesis in leg and foot, odd sensations in legs, etc.) at my suggestion, because of pain in sacrum, they finally took an MRI of spine and found that I have a Tarlov cyst on S2. I have had all the symptoms all of these years, with increasing numbness, odd sensation in leg, pain in foot and knee, etc. and I match the "profile". It is becoming increasing more debilitating, I can do less and less physically and I am looking for relief from the constant pain. Have been through treatment such as TENS, physical therapy, elec. stim, etc. ad infinitum.

I would like to seek surgical intervention, the latest if possible - I am at my wit's end with the pain and progression of this "disease".

Is there any help? Has anyone become pain free from surgery? Who do you recommend? Help!

Many thanks
bonniel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote