View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 12:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Sorry, the conference didn't have much to offer PN or Fibro patients this time.

It dealt with chronic headache, estrogen links, spinal cord stimulators, some chronic pelvic pain issues. Two hours were taken up with politics this time. The drafter of the new Health/chronic pain bill that just passed the House, spoke along with another congressman (both from our area). The Fibro speaker was Russian, with a thick accent, very hard to follow him.
So nothing much new on Fibro, except the receptor stuff, which I will have to study from the handouts. Estrogen was stressed as a pain trigger, and this lecture covered dopamine/opiate receptors and oxytocin. Highly technical and theoretical. I wish Dr. Clauw had been there again.

MrsD, I find it fascinating that the subject of estrogen as a pain trigger has been brought up and talked about. I feel this is so important. I know that my erractic estrogen cycles through menopause have caused me a great deal of more pain both with neuropathy and a pelvic pain condition. Would you happen to know if there is any reading material, or internet links on the subject of estrogen and pain? Thank you....
Hope15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote